I love to drink.
Not so much of a beer person
but I love wine and vodka.
I found out I was allergic to alcohol
last December but I ignored it anyway.
I mean how bad can it be? >_<
Everytime I drink,
it starts off with my heart beating faster,
my back and arms get lobster red
and I can't breathe.
In fact, its like an asthma attack
and I'd feel so dizzy from not being able to breathe.
I'd not mind the part about being red
but not being able to breathe
was so difficult for me.
I kept assuring myself, "It's only because Im Chinese and Chinese can't drink. They turn red."
People told me that, "To cure it, you'd have to drink more."
But it hasn't been working for me after so many years.
Last night,
I had a couple to drink
and felt woozy.
I excused myself from dinner with colleagues
and headed for the bathroom.
I can remember all of this because I was still freaking sober as a smurf.
I went into one of the cubical,
shut the door
and just sat on the floor heaving.
I knew I was sweating,
and I knew I was sitting on a public toilet floor
that was dirty and wet with my lil' white dress
but I just couldnt breathe and thus I had no strength at all.
It was rather embarrassing to have your bosses' wife
come and save you
and she was rather amuse that I could still remember my IC.
"Im still sober." I panted.
It was rather shy to end the night early
and nearly got sent to the hospital as she insisted.
"Did you know Theressa Teng died because of asthma? She couldn't breathe. You can't take your allergies lightly you know, you might seriously die." My aunt told me.
and to proof its not because im drunk,
im here writing this post and terribly upset
that i chipped a nail while in the bathroom. -_-
*Sigh*
1 comment:
aiyoh. pengsan lah aku.
maybe got some medications to take for your allergies?
you better stop drinking adi, its scaring me....
Post a Comment