Friday, June 20, 2008

That stupid taxi driver.


Okay ive heard loads of stories
of rude taxi drivers
here in Singapore but have fortunately
never encounted one...


... up till my luck ran out last night.


And oh my god.
Ive absolutely no idea how i managed
to keep so calm thru out the whole arguement.

I got in the car
and told him, "Sembawang via Upper Thompson road please."

The first strike
was when all a sudden
he stopped his car in between two junctions
and was yellling, "LEFT OR RIGHT?! HURRY! LEFT OR RIGHT!?"

And i was like "Wha...? Im not Singaporean! I dont know the road!"

"You said upper thompson right? Now there's right and left. WHERE!?"
"I DONT KNOW! I live in Sembawang!"
"Sembawang is right!"
"RIGHT THEN! omg." T_T

And then as we were approaching my place,
he suddenly yelled again,

"WHERE in Sembawang?"
"My place is near the Sembawang MRT station."
"WHERE?!! SEMBAWANG WHERE??"
"NEAR THE MRT STATION!"
"I know but SEMBAWANG IS SO BIG. THIS WHOLE PLACE IS SEMBAWANG. SO WHERE?"
"I SAID NEAR THE SEMBAWANG MRT STATION. It isnt here right?!"

He kept quiet
and drove on straight.

What was his problem?!
I mean was he in a rush or
angry about something?

If so,
he shouldnt be letting it go
on his customers
especially in this service business
when the customer has YET TO PAY HIM!

As it got closer,
I told him, "Stick to your right."
"Turn right here?"
"No no. I said STICK to your right."
" *shows grimace face* You know if you people could tell the directions properly..."
"What do you mean? I gave you a direct instruction."
"ONE SECOND YOU WERE SAYING SEMBAWANG, THE OTHER YOU'RE SAYING UPPER THOMPSON."
"I said Sembawang VIA Upper Thompson. Its really not my problem if you have a hearing problem so dont take it out on me and get angry."
"IM NOT ANGRY. WHO SAID I WAS ANGRY!?"
"Well for once you're raising your voice and Im not??"


*He kept quiet.*

I think he realised
he was at fault
because he kept quiet and followed my instructions
all the way to my building.

I was so tempted
to just leave the cab without paying
or rather take down his number and name
and send in a complaint
but I'd thought 'God. This type of people just really aint worth my time.'

And so I paid the $15
and before i got out of the cab,
I just said "Next time dont yell at your customers."

And SLAMMED the bloody door.


----------------------------


This was last night
so ive pretty much cooled down already.

God.
This is definitely one thing
im not gonna miss when i leave.



3 comments:

Fumoffu said...

Hello Sher Lyn. Gosh! Were you alone? That's so rude. Well, Malaysians taxi drivers are not any better too. Hahaha. How's things going on in Singapore? Are you working there?

Beverly's Secret said...

OMG~~ That's so rude..
even worse than NY cab driver!
slam the door harder next time!

Sher said...

Angel> Hey! its been a while! yeah i was alone and it was really late. Things are great altho i am hesistating to move. yes im working here. :)

Beverly> ;)