Thursday, December 05, 2013
So the morning
before our first wedding dinner,
Hennley managed to engage
our wedding photographer, *Jon Low*
for some of his time to shoot our family.
Here are just some of the photos
for the day!
Absolutely breath-taking pictures
that makes wonderful memories.
Thanks again, JonLow. :)
Wednesday, December 04, 2013
So I got inspired over the weekend
and decided to do my twist on a recipe
by cutting down the intake of butter, sugar
and also switching the egg for bananas instead.
Here's my twist on Banana Oatmeal Cookies!
150g All-purpose flour
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/8 tsp Salt
50g Rolled oats
50g Brown sugar
1 tbsp Honey
1/2 cup Ripe banana (mashed)
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
75g Dried fruits (i used dried apricots and raisins)
1) Preheat oven to 150C. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl. Add oats and mix well.
2) Whisk butter and brown sugar until creamy. Add mashed bananas and mix well.
3) Add in honey, vanilla extract and blend well.
4) Dump in all the dry ingredients, chopped up walnuts and dried fruits. Mix well.
5) Scoop out 1/2 tbsp of the dough and drop on your baking tray (with greased parchment paper).
6) Sprinkle more oats or rice sprinklers and bake them for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
One of the best cookies
ive ever baked to date.
So glad im improving. :)
Tuesday, December 03, 2013
Started off Saturday morning
with Chee Cheong Fun at the famous
Hai Keng Restaurant for RM3 a plate.
Lucky us as we arrived at 8:55am
and it was sold out by 9:05am. Crazy.
There are two Chee Cheong Fun stalls here.
One by an auntie that serves yong tau foo as well
and another by an old man that serves it plain.
We tried both.
As reviews stated and we both agreed,
the old man (which is closer to the back of the restaurant)
was clearly the winnner despite it being cold and plain,
but there was just something in the sauce
that strongly distinguished it from its competitor.
Hai Keng Restaurant
Address: 24 Jalan 14/20, Seksyen 14, 46100 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Lunch was with this two.
(who took my phone to camwhore. -_- HAHA)
And also the grand opening
of *My Apparel Zoo*.
Thanks for the invitation, Ellie!
My Apparel Zoo
Address: B2-1-12 Publika, Solaris Dutamas
(Take the lift to level 1, next to Sony Centre. Walk pass the white doors and it will be on your right!)
Later that afternoon was followed
by my volunteer work with *World Vision*
on the on-going project, Gift of Hope 2013.
Basically instead of just doing one-off donations,
World Vision has now done it in a more creative manner
to donate a goat/ chicken/ football/ clean water/ healthcare etc
to these children and their community.
Also, it can be a great gift for Christmas
if you have yet to get your loved ones anything yet
as you can donate it on behalf of your loved ones' names
and send it in a giftcard.
Good karma, yo! :)
No doubt one of the most tiring
but fruitful day of my entire year
and we're so glad to have hit our target
that evening thanks to the most generous crowd.
If you would like to check it out,
please come to our booth,
(behind La Bodega, next to Rolex)
for more information!
We'll be there till end of December,
every Friday till Sunday from 10am-10pm. :)
Or check out their *website*
for more information.
Last good deed of the year, peeps!
Finished the day with a yam cha session
with Nelson (who came back from Melbourne!),
Kaitlyn (who is here to visit from Singapore!)
and AndrewTeh (whos moving to Singapore for work soon!).
What a busy
but fruitful Saturday. :)
Woke up at 11am
for the first time in months
and the boy took me for brunch at J&D Espresso.
We had the big Aussie breakfast,
eggs benedict and this lovely chocolate jaffa cake.
Portions are small as indicated on the reviews
and a lil small in fact for us to indulge to even taste
but I would consider to come back for their famous pork burger.
Not bad I would say. :)
Oasis Business Center BU11, Lebuh Bandar Utama, Petaling Jaya.
Open 1130am-930pm, closed Mondays.
While the boy had errands to run,
I decided to skip and have some me-time.
So i did some baking. :)
Will blog about this separately.
Last but not least,
the last event to our weekend evening,
Afif and Fara's wedding. :)
My outfit for the night:
Bodycon Dress by *Asos*
Heels by *Jimmy Choo*
Monday, December 02, 2013
Source: Vogue Italia.
What a wet, cold Monday
and it's December, the jolly season!
"Almost" feels like winter. HAHA!
As it seems my new love for baking and cooking,
ive started planning out some really cute gifts
to people who mean a lot to me and has especially
helped me out throughout the year of 2013.
But it will have to all be put on hold first for now
until I return from my trip to Hong Kong in mid Dec.
Busy month December
and soon it'll be 2014!
So exciting! xo.
Saturday, November 30, 2013
Okay let me explain first
Because initially I wanted
to make skewers with the mince meat
but somehow it was too soft and sticky
and ended up in dollops on an oven tray.
But funny enough,
I was so upset as i looked at the
miserable dollops cooking away in the oven,
I took a quick shower,
and when i came back... boy, did they smell amazing!
It tasted great too!
1) Mince chicken meat
2) 1 Egg
3) 2 tablespoon of flour
1) 1 potato (or 2 if your potatoes are small)
2) 1 tablespoon of milk
3) 10 grams of butter
4) Cheese, parsley, herbs (optional)
I served mine with my *homemade pesto*.
1) French beans
2) Button mushrooms
3) 5 grams of butter
*Serves 1 portion
1) Preheat your oven to 150C.
2) Peel your potatoes, chop them up (not too small or your potatoes will start absorbing too much water and you'll end up with a watery thin mash) and put them in a pot of cold, salted water. Bring them to a boil for 12-15 mins, until you can poke thru your largest chunk of potato without any resistance.
3) In a bowl, mix your mince meat, egg and flour.
4) Line and grease (important!) your parchment paper on your oven tray and drop your mixture onto the tray. Remember not to make it too big chunks or it might not cook all the way thru! Cook for 25-30 mins.
5) Blanch your french beans and mushrooms.
6) Drain your potatoes and leave it to dry for a minute in the pot. Then add butter, milk, optional ingredients and mash it up. (Dont use a food processor as it will overwork the potatoes. A very hard lesson i had to learn. -_-)
7) Drain your veges and mix them up with butter.
8) Start plating your dishes and your nuggets should be pipping hot from the oven right now!
What a happy accident!
and the boy absolutely loved it too.
Have a good weekend everyone! x