Friday, October 20, 2006

An eventful but sleepless night.

It happened just last Saturday. or rather a very early Sunday morning.

After having a long chat with Vincent online until 1 in the wee hours of the morning, I decided to call my day off and went straight to bed.

I woke up 2 hours later because of the fire alarm that kept ringing. It was ultra LOUD. I panicked thinking because I had the heater on the whole day in my room before, & that could be the source to set off the fire alarm. I leaped out of bed and opened my window to air the room. It wasn't working. Oh no, please don't tell me it's me, i thought to myself.

I ran out to the hall and all my other housemates were also puzzled. Constantina had thought that it was her who set off the alarm too. We then realised it was the whole building's alarm that was going off at it. I swung open the main door, the girl who stayed in the opposite flat was in her pyjamas and looking very frustrated and confused.

"What's going on?"
"I have no idea."

Both of us looked down the window that was between both of our flats and we smelled smoke.

I immediatly ran back to my flat and screamed to the irritated housemates of mine.

"Quick! It's not a drill. It's a real fire!"

Everyone panicked, wore their shoes and ran. I picked up my key card and my handphone, and had a last chance to look back at my laptop sitting quietly on my desk. I couldnt bring it with me. there wont be time and it would be too heavy. i sighed and left.

By the time we were out of the building, escorted by security and the accomodation management. The smoke had worsen.

Everyone from that particular building was standing in the cold. Some were wearing just slippers and their feets were freezing, some were just wearing short sleeved shirts and shorts, some even brought their whole blanket/duvet down! There was even this hillarious fella who wore a super tiny bathrobe that covered just enough to his bottom, a nightcap and flip flops. he must have been sleeping naked, i wondered.

We were so cold. Teeth chattering, legs shivering as we all tried with our might to keep ourselves warm with the body heat left. The securities were trying looking for the source of the fire. They couldn't find where it was coming from until this girl from the crowd shouted, "Look! There's smoke! It's coming from there!"



It was coming from the 6th floor's kitchen. From the flat on the left.

Everything was moving at slow motion. the fire engine took an awfully long time to arrive. It had become super smokey and freezing cold for us. One guy from the crowd even shouted out, which was meant to be a joke, "We paid 90 pounds for a room!"




After checking the condition of it. It was said that there were no actual fire but an awful lot of smoke. Some girl had been cooking and it got burnt.

wtf. who the hell cooks at 3:00 in the morning?! Couldn't she have a piece of bread or biscuits if she was hungry?! And we had to freeze out in the cold for 40 minutes for the smoke to all clear out before the management let us in. And it still smelled terrible in the lift up to our flat.

The management and the firemen had all went up to talk to the young girl. I pity her in a way but gosh. she ruined our sleep and made us freezed up in the cold. She was lucky it was a Sunday morning and no one had classes the next day.

But it didn't end there. I went back to my room, ah. it was so great to be back. the room was so warm. I will never ever wanna leave my room again! After messaging both my parents and the boyfriend about the incident, I groggly went back to my comfy, warm bed.

10 minutes after i tried going back to my slumber. There was a sudden knock on the outside main door in the hall.

wtf. what's up now? i didn't bother. It couldnt be for me and besides if it was the management, someone else could answer.

Then there was another knock, followed by another one 2 minutes later. It sounded urgent.

I got up and was walking towards the door when Wouter and Nils had their heads poked out their room doors. Wondering who the hell that was, I opened the door and suddenly.....















TRICK OR TREAT!

I screamed! and ran all the way to the kitchen to hide behind the doors.




Bloody Hell. Who the hell does 'Trick or Treating' at 4am on a Sunday!? For goodness sake, IT NOT EVEN HALLOWEEN YET! It's still freaking the beginning of October! ish. stupid.



but they were pretty cute. they laughed at my reaction and demanded either chocolates, candies, alcohol or biscuits, if not they wouldnt leave. So i had to give them the only thing i had left in my cupboards.




The 'trick or treaters' with their biscuits.


-_-


What an eventful but sleepless night.



Note: Some of the fire pictures may be a little hazy and blurry. That's because it was taken from Wouter's camera phone and the poor boy was shivering from the cold so... haha. it turned out pretty blur. :D but thanks babes! ;p




------------------------------------------------------


Days as a smurf.





Just some highlights of my "interesting" week at UWE, Bristol.

-Jumped and squealed over 6 dead carcasses of snails and worms on the way to campus.
-I've been getting up quite late this week for class and always had to jog to college. I didnt even have time to turn to pick 14 pence i saw on the floor. crap. that was 98 sens. >_<
-Cooked chicken kurma! woohoo!! will post up pictures next time on my next food review. ;p
-last sunday morning, was chased out of the flat because of a fire alarm. another long story, am waiting for the pictures in Wouter's phone to blog about that eventful morning.
-a war started with my housemates. now two of them are not speaking to each other and i kept becoming the middle person which i absolutely want to stay out off. aih. :(
-thought i broke the microwave and an electric kettle while yael thought her laptop was fused at the sametime. Both of us were shouting up and down the house because we panicked. however, actual fact it was just a fuse in the main power circuit of the flat. -_-
-a really cute English boy walked me home yesterday.

Soon to come. ( Over the weekends )

-Jason Lim is coming to stay over the weekends and we're gonna partay all through the weekends! so excited as ive not seen this babe for more than a year! woohoo!! ah...! that means i would have to clean the house. -_-
-My whole university's internet would be down from Friday till Monday morning (UK time) which is terrible. I'm gonna miss chatting online, blogging and talking to both family and boyfriend!


Smurrffff!!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

im number 2000!!! huzzah!

McSpiky said...

the banner match ur layout pretty well lar... hahahaa...

Sher said...

hennwei> -_- sendiri syiok.

jaelicious> ah you mean the 'we <3 camwhoreing' banner? of course! ITS PINK! :D