Yes. all of you can save your breath. if you were to tell me the exact same things i know the benefits placement brings, i can list a longer list than you all think and put together....
but i think I'm going home. I'm just not emotionally strong enough and i will do my third year back there if i please. So what if it was a lifetime opportunity, Ben was right. I used to think it was silly of people who get to go overseas to study and then calls home to cry about how homesick they are. I admit, i used to think that it was silly for them when they have such opportunities that others dont. I even promised mytself i will never make that same mistake. But i was wrong.
I had never been so wrong. and for the first time in my life, I learned and regretted how much home means to me. So what if placement actually helped me in my future for a faster progression in the career ladder back home? what's the point when i will dread waking up everyday for work and being unhappy... So what if it enhanced my CV? i could also do internships and join more societies & clubs back home. So what if i had to work extra harder to earn more money? Even if i was with the banking industry and had to work up to 7,8 or even 11 at night, at least i know at the end of the day, i'm not going back to an empty room... I'm going home.
Lifetime opportunity... Bah! I rather not have it. I know many of you would think how stupid this decision is but i can't afford to be away from home another two years. ( well because i thought if i were to do a placement, i will do my 3rd year here and if i dont, i just do my internships and get on with year 3 back home. ) People say 'I know how it feels', but no one truly understands the pain i go through. I'm missing out on birthdays, events, outtings which i really really miss. Looking at other people's blog just to see how home has been hurts. It feels like I'm pierced through the heart with a knife, thrusted and being left to bleed.
Learn to be independent i hear? to be strong? it's only that limit how much a person can actually change. and I'm already at my maximum.
the boyfriend had been disagreeing. i guess he too did not understand how much i need to be home. but when it boils down to just yesterday when we had another misunderstanding which followed by a heated arguement. he realised how much distance has caused us both so much pain.
I'm a homely person. I don't like partying or going out alot. maybe partially is the reason why I'm such a workaholic. ;p but this has made me become so homesick that I hate and absolutely dissed about socializing.
so i guess i have made myself clear. call me pansy or weak. sue me if i was being emo, this is my blog anyway. whatever the heck it is....
no matter what, i'm going home. :)
------------------
Everyone's at the TBS prom!
and i'm stuck here. ish! In genting somemore! Damn.
the boyfriend sent me a text earlier that nearly made me weep.
Henn-Wei Sah
Received: 14/10/06 1931 (msian time)
B.. goin for the dinner now. Aih phone low batt...So many couples...aih. Sayang..Missing you b...Muah.
aih. can't wait for you to come home. <3
4 comments:
does this mean ur coming home for good ?? 0_o??
gr@ff!t!> most likely jirwan. most likely. :)
Hey Sher,
First time poster, been reading your blog for a while. I'm kinda part of the Malaysian diaspora studying abroad, and am interested in other people's experiences.
Long and short of it, I think you're making a great decision, and I don't think anyone has the right to say otherwise.
We've all got our different value systems, whether that means work, a cause, or family and friends, or whatever comes first.
The main thing to be truely thankful for is that you've figured out what is important *for you*.
People spend ages trying to figure that out, and gosh knows I'm still walking that path myself.
Hats off to you, and all the best to you wherever you go. If nothing else, I'm sure your family and MSG will be happy you're on your way home =)
-Andrew
andrew> Thank you andrew. that was extremely sweet and supportive. hope you're doing fine too at wherever you are. take carez muaxy! :)
Post a Comment