Thursday, November 07, 2013

Homemade Cream Sauce (Bechamel Sauce).




So proud of myself as its the first time
I made it from scratch and the husband
couldnt stop telling me how good it was.
(Dont know if hes trying to make me feel better! haha!)

But I had a few people coming to me
and asking me how I got it done
so im sharing this easy recipe here.

To make the sauce, we need only 3 ingredients:

1) 30g all purpose flour
2) 30g butter
3) 500ml milk (depends on how thick you want, I only added about 150-200ml)

So step by step is easy!

First, melt butter in pan and then add butter
over gentle fire for 1-2 mins. This will then form the 'roux'.

Then add in the milk one bit at the time, and continue to stir.
Traditionally you're suppose to warm up the milk first
but you can also choose not to. I didnt.

Cook for another 2-3 mins once all the milk is added
to get rid of the raw flour taste.

Then add in cheese, salt and pepper for additional seasoning.
Again, I skipped this part as I wanted to go for a healthier version
but when i tasted it, I could feel that it just needed that cheese touch,
despite the hubby saying it was just perfect.

Different tastebuds i suppose!

I mixed the sauce in Farfalle pasta
with pork, white onions and cauliflower. :)

I got the recipe from *Sorted Food*
and you can check out more of their recipes *here*. x