Sunday, October 14, 2007

The daytrip to Melacca.

The Friday before i left Malaysia,
the boyfriend took the day off
and we took a slow drive down to Melacca.





It was just the two of us
so I didn't dare to fall asleep,
just in case he needed a guide to be looked out for.








We made a date with my cousin, Neil,
his girlfriend, JooLi and friend, Radhika
to take us around Melacca for the day.





First stop,
apparently the most famous chicken rice ball
in the town of Melacca,
as I have never tried it before.

I know.
I'm pathetic. >_<





God.
But it's no joke.

It's as how everyone decribe,
freaking amazingly good.






And cheap too!










After that,
we walked about in Dataran Pahlawan,
their new shopping mall,
right next to Mahkota Parade.






They brought us to A' Famosa
because I have not been to it.

Every Malaysian
had at least joined their school trips or family outings
and been here at least once
but I haven't.

Sometimes I don't know where all my
spirits were as a kid.


I wasn't exactly ready for that picture
but it looks great anyway.





Pictures tell the tale
of how im the only weirdo
being excited to go to A' Famosa
on a fkin hot afternoon. ;p









We walked a little further down the road
and saw these...






Isn't this cool?

You see the white numbers written on the horse's leg?
Those are apparently number plates for them. O_o

And these are the tourist police
where they'd stop at a spot for people to take pictures.





And Radhika obviously didn't want to miss it.





I have apparently met Radhika
during Neil's 21st birthday party
but I seriously couldn't remember. >_<

And I found something interesting about her...

She is half Chinese and half Indian.
Her mother speaks Chinese and can't speak English,
her dad speaks English and can't speak Chinese.

So they speak to each other in Malay.
And if she'd wanted to speak to her mum,
it would be in Chinese,
and to her dad, would be in English.

If it was both she'd wanted to speak to,
she would speak Malay.

What a multi-lingual family. O_o
And yet so confusing and so cute. >_<

Haha!


Moving along.







Pictures taken all by the boyfriend.

Now if only we had a dSLR.








In this picture (above),
I was posing,
that's until the fountain suddenly gave a PMS reaction
and sprayed half the people there.

So I was right below it,
can you imagine how wet i was? -_-





We made an old man very happy
by paying him RM5 for a couple of pictures taken
with his pet snake.
(which I can't remember its name anymore either. -_-)

This was the best shot so far,
it was either me looking rather scared
or the boyfriend looking freaked out
because at the end it got a little impatient
and started to coil around his neck. O_o






We had two rounds of Cendol,
a local delicacy which I didn't want to try it
as the boys wasn't satisfied.

And it was such a coincidence
to bump into Sabrina from KL
whom I hardly see
and now we were both in the same shop in Melacca!





We went back to my cousin's place,
took a long cold shower and slept,
before heading out for Satay Celup,
a definite must before concluding our trip to Melacca.


*


Will be going over to view my new apartment
later in the evening,
meanwhile I have just found out
that there is a 'Sex and the City: The Movie
out in 2008!

Golly!
I can't fkin wait!





No comments: