Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The belated Merdeka Day post.

Just had to post this up because we took so many hillarious photos. Am gonna just make this a short one.

The boyfriend and I celebrated Merdeka Day on the eve at Sunway Lagoon. Here are just some unforgettable memories to be laughed at.



Cannot read the sign ar!? -___-

dah la colour blind.




At first I was wondering 'What the hell was that pose for?' and then i realised...

oh my god. You HORNY monkey! ew!

Sorry kids. This picture is rated 18 years and above. -_-





...but i still love him.


I'm proud of our 'bangla' dancers from TCPJ ( Taylor's College Petaling Jaya.) :D


People i would miss. aih :(


Look at the crowd! O_O





Happy Merdeka! :D

oh and the food and drinks were ridculously cheat money wei! >.<




Picture 1 = Picture 2



It was so bloody expensive. A small chicken burger would cost RM6 and a can of Sprite cost RM4.

Damn. kena cheated wei.





---------------------------------------------------



A day trip to Bath City.


I dreaded at first to go for the trip because it would be the whole day till 1700 hours. and that could only mean one thing, I won't be able to talk to the boyfriend online.

but im glad i did.


On the bus on the way to Bath. James, Yael and I.





In front of the ancient church in the city of Bath. aiya this Wouter kacau. -_-


:)


Daniel, Yael, me, Alfonso and James.

The itinerary was first a two hour tour in the Roman Spa and then leisure & free time after 1300 hours.



I know its not part of the Roman building but the ceiling was gorgeous. Took it while lining up to go in to the Roman Spa at the main reception.



The 'phone' that I have up to my ear is actually your-own-personal commentator guide in the language of your choice! O_O It's quite nice actually, as like, if you didn't catch some certain things on what the commentator said, you could actually rewind or pause and click forward if you would wish to skip.



The Roman Spa from above.




This is the hot spring and if you look closely at the picture, you could still see bubbles and steam arising from it. The Romans then believed it was the mysterious magical power from the Goddess Sulis Minerva and had thrown many objects into it as offerings to her. Now, geologists has discovered that the bubbles were caused by air trapped from the hot core right beneath the water.

gosh, the extent people will go to believing legends. -_-






The head of a statue of the Goddess Sulis Minerva. That was all that was left and found of the statue.


The huge rock was used for when sacrifices were made, such as goats.


Roman Mozaics.


A headless lion statue.


Roman coffins.



The drain that joints to the huge pool.


The whole wooden sculpture of the Roman Spa and monastry.


The filters that filters the water in the pool. The red bricks are minerals.



Took this picture of gems and stones for my dearest mama smurf because she's obssessed with them.

These stones were found at the bottom of the hot spring pool as the hot temperature of the pool melted the glue that sticks the stones to rings of the Roman ladies.



The Roman Spa outdoor pool.

As I was walking around the outdoor pool, I saw these bunch of children came out dressing like during the Roman times.



They were so adorable. I couldn't help but just had to have a picture with them!


Awww. *pinches their cheeks* cuteness!!

gosh. i love children.




The Romans' jacuzzi.


This stream of river was actually quite warm. amazingly.

After the whole tour, I got lost for about 20 minutes before Yael found me walking around Bath City on my own. I lost the whole group when I was too engross during the tour in the Roman Spa.

After a quick lunch, we went to visit the The Circus, a gorgeous housing estate that was built in the 17th century. It was famous because of its unique houses and that it was built in such that if it was seen from above, it was a perfect circle.


I wasn't looking at the picture because Luis stole my shoe right before the picture was taken. -_-





Taco and I.



The one reason why i always loved western countries. You can actually just sit on the grasses. I mean, you would never see anyone sitting on grasses in Malaysia right?







I was wondering why were there so many people walking on the streets of Bath City dressed like that.

There was a festival throughout that weekend called the Jane Austen Festival. Don't know what's it all about but it's definately cute.



People dancing on the streets of Bath City.

Saw this artist drawing on the floor and reminded me so much of the boyfriend so I took a picture of him.




See, love! the crayons that he was using is excactly the ones you used for to draw the cards for Circle K's charity sales.



Young and ignorant English hip-hop wannabe teenagers. I just had to take a picture. It was hillarious.




The extent these English entertainers would go to earn money. -___-"


A stop for hot chocolate. L-R: Sher the Malaysian, Daniel the Spanish and Rogier the Dutch.




This saussage puppy is called Lily. She was so adorably fat!

"It's so funny. Like if you tell her, 'Lily. Lie down.' but she's so fat that her tummy is touching the ground, it's practically already 'lying down' anyways!" said Dennis.

jahat.

It was then very soon, time to go home.




Yes, Dennis is tired.





------------------------------------


River Avon Boat Trip.


It was probably one of the moments that I've enjoyed. The faculty of Business has organised a trip down to the River Avon for a boat tour for all the international students.


L-R: Wouter, Yael, me and Rogier at the City Center.


He's more than a head taller than me! O_O I look so bloody short and flat! -____-



Together with Rogier and Tim at the docks.


On the boat. It was freezing cold! >.<

The boat ride was fun. We went around almost the whole of Bristol City Center.



Apparently boats are quite an important transportation for goods in Bristol.


The bridge which swings open for huge boats to pass by.


A boat house!

There were quite a number of people actually live on boats in Bristol which is so odd as some could be sold up to 22,000 pounds!
The boat houses had everything in it from a small bed to a gorgeous kitchen. Unfortunately, I didnt get a good angle to take any photos.



That boat owner is going to freak when he sees what the birds had done to his boat. :D



Brigstow is the old name for Bristol. Therefore the hotel in the picture above was built many many years ago.




When we were crossing this bridge, the commentator warned us that there would be droplets of water from the stylolites on the tunnel of the bridge. He told us not to panic as it is most probably from the rain water that has seeped through the bridge and that it is actually it was considered lucky if the water were to drop on anyone...

... and it had to be on me. The entire boat turned around when i squeaked when water fell on my head.

"Damn. I just washed my hair today." i squealed. -_-


and that wasn't the best part. As we made a U-turn to go back to the main docks, I decided to play smart and had my denim jacket over my head... but AGAIN it dropped on my jeans. urgh!

ish. geram.


It was a real cannon years ago. >.<




The trees above in the picture are Fig trees and was believed long time ago when the boats were shipping Fig from Southwestern Asia, dropped some in the water and now Fig trees are growing all along the river. And as we can see too in the picture, plenty of swans would come to eat them and therefore plenty of swans are seen 'drunk' around the area.



This is the well-known ship, SS Great Britain which was made entirely from hard iron by the famous Brunel. In the beginning when Brunel first wanted to launch 'her' into sea, everyone thought he was crazy that an cruise ship for the rich and famous made out of iron would actually float.

'She' proved everyone wrong. 'She' was like the Titanic that never sank and had used up millions to restructure just to maintain 'her' beauty that has now became an antique.
In the olden days, 'she' was the target of pirate ships who would want to rob 'her' as 'she' was a cruise ship for only the rich and famous. Brunel came up with an idea to pain the white line with black boxes around 'her' body so that when pirates that came from the horizon wanted to rob 'her', it would have seemed from afar that 'she' was carrying cannons!!!

Smart huh?

------------------------------------------


Thank you.





My farewell present from the boyfriend. aih.





No comments: