Thursday, March 15, 2007

Should I?

There is a job vacancy during the summer holidays in HSBC.

It would be a great opportunity considering
that I would want to further venture my career
towards the finance side in the future.

It would be killing two birds with one stone
with the fact that it is a great opportunity in the UK
to boost my future career ladder in the future,
and of course getting paid in pounds is another wonderful advantage.



However I could easily do up an internship back home
which would be great because I would be in Malaysia,
even if the internship salary isn't as attractive.


I dont know what to do
considering it's bad enough im so homesick.
I would be stuck here for 3 months
when all my friends are away for the summer.


I need advices and opinions! >_<

I'm desperate!
Please someone give one!




-------------------------------------


That's what friends are for.




Just when you thought the whole world left without you
and you are left with despair.

There is always that special someone to pick you up,
and show you the light.



*
It's been quite some time since I did a little photography,
and I quite like the setting of this picture
which was taken in my room.




*10 days to home.*


---------------------------------


Watch out Leeds.
Here I come!



I know it was a very haste decision to go this weekend
but it's gonna be one hell of a great trip,
even if its only for one night to see some old alco mates,
whom I haven't seen in AGESSS!





Golly! Thinking about the alcohol excites me.





----------------------------------


Children.

I love children
but I am starting to think
that I may not cut out to be a great mother after all.

Since I started teaching,
I found children to be rather ruthless
and the cause to my headache most of the time. >_<

Just the other day,
the teacher i was partnering with
had to discipline a child who was late to her class for half an hour,
rudely disrupted the lesson by talking to his other classmates
and is already 2 lessons behind to catch up with.

When he strongly denied all his actions,
she then asked him,
'what did you learn today then?'

His reply was,

"Erm. Let me see...





I hate you?!"





Goodness.



O_o


3 comments:

Lainey said...

you think properly yourself la. internship is actually quite tough, in UK or here, esp in big organizations, with their internal politics and all.

tho it'll be a great experience doing it in UK, at least when you're home in msia, you have family and friends with you when you need the comfort. like, a home to return to after a hard day at work.

Anonymous said...

I would recommend that you just try it.. You might regret later that you did not even try, like I'm doing right now. Even if you didn't get it, or decide against it, at least you have tried. And just trying, they say, is an experience itself. Though of course, if you actually got it, I would recommend you do it.
However, reading your other entries on how homesick you can be... you should think very hard on this. Though you could think this as a training of not being so homesick all the time? To be less attached? Not that being attached is a bad thing, but too attached might be... To me anyway. You're young only once, and you should take advantage of that student visa you have as much as possible!!
On the children part of it... Don't judge children from the children here. They're very rude. Just sit down at a spot where a lot of people pass by and see how the parents communicate with their own children. Very different from back home. Saying "shut the f**k up" to a 3 year old... That wouldn't happen in good ol' Malaysia :D

Sher said...

lainsss & siobhan> hey peeps, thanks for the advice. Have decided to just try applying and hope for the best. i really appreciate your concern and support. muaxxxy!